Bestselling author K.L. Grayson answers our 20 Questions and dishes about her quirky author habits, favorite authors and books, and so much more! *Hint: she’s a big fan of a particular wizarding series*
Read on to learn more about K.L. and catch up on her latest release, Wait For Me, out now!
1.Your best virtue as an author.
2. Your most quirky author habit.
I like to eat pickles while I write. The petite kosher baby dill pickles, preferably at room temperature.
3. Your favorite quality in a protagonist.
4. Your favorite quality in an antagonist.
5. If you could ask any other author, past or present, a question who would it be and what would you ask?
JK Rowling, and I would ask her… “In reference to your writing career, the good, the bad, and the ugly, what is one thing that you would change or do differently if you could do it all over again?”
6. When you aren’t writing, you are____
Playing with my kids. If my kids are in school I’m probably reading.
7. Your easiest book to write.
8. Your hardest book to write.
9. Your ideal writing place.
10. Your favorite childhood book.
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein.
11. The book you’ve reread the most.
Down London Road by Samantha Young.
12. Your favorite hero from literature.
13. Your favorite villain from literature.
14. The name of your autobiography.
I’m just here for the chocolate.
15. Your favorite comfort food.
Pizza. Pizza brings me so much joy.
16. First thing you do when you finish writing a novel.
I don’t do anything special. I’ll have to ask my friends what they do, because now I feel like I should be doing something special
17. A secret talent you have.
Hah! I love this question! I don’t have a secret talent. About the only thing I can do that not everyone does, is sing my ABCs backwards. As soon as my kids found out I could do it, they all learned how to sing it backwards too, so now it just feels normal.
18. Where have you always wanted to travel?
19. One tip for aspiring authors.
Write. Just keep writing. Don’t get sucked in to the social media aspect of things, stop worrying about what and how other authors are doing, just write. Concentrate on your craft and your writing voice. Write your heart out. Write every day. Put all of your emotions into your words and when you finish a book, start another. Keep writing.
20. Puppies or kittens?
Puppies, only because I’m allergic to cats 😉
About K.L. Grayson
K.L. Grayson resides in a small town outside of St. Louis, MO. She is entertained daily by her extraordinary husband, who will forever inspire every good quality she writes in a man. Her entire life rests in the palms of six dirty little hands, and when the day is over and those pint-sized cherubs have been washed and tucked into bed, you can find her typing away furiously on her computer. She has a love for alpha-males, brownies, reading, tattoos, sunglasses, and happy endings…and not particularly in that order.
Connect with K.L. Grayson
And want to learn more about your favorite authors? Check out our series 20 Questions with… to get to know other bestselling authors!