Devney Perry knows a little something about books. Whether reading or writing, there are always new places to explore, people to meet, and dreams to follow. Which is why in our 20 Questions series, you’ll learn a bit more about what drives and inspires Devney Perry’s writing.
1.Your best virtue as an author.
Discipline. I write nearly every day and though it’s not always easy, the diligence to consistently show up at the keyboard has made a huge difference for my career.
2. Your most quirky author habit.
I write with action movies on in the background. The bloodier the better. Explosions? Bring them on.
3. Your favorite quality in a protagonist.
4. Your favorite quality in an antagonist.
5. If you could ask any other author, past or present, a question who would it be and what would you ask?
I would ask Daphne du Maurier, who wrote Rebecca, what the heroine’s name was in that book.
6. When you aren’t writing, you are____
Probably eating candy too.
7. Your easiest book to write.
The Coppersmith Farmhouse because it was my first book and an adventure.
8. Your hardest book to write.
Also The Coppersmith Farmhouse because it was my first book, and I had no idea what I was doing.
9. Your ideal writing place.
The couch in my living room.
10. Your favorite childhood book.
Anything Nancy Drew!
11. The book you’ve reread the most.
12. Your favorite hero from literature.
13. Your favorite villain from literature.
She Died with a Diet Coke in Her Hand
15. Your favorite comfort food.
Pizza. Always pizza. But if there is no pizza, a taco wouldn’t go unappreciated 🌮
16. First thing you do when you finish writing a novel.
Start the next one.
17. A secret talent you have.
I can ruin almost any meal in my Instant Pot, even when I follow the instructions.
18. Where have you always wanted to travel?
New Zealand 🇳🇿
19. One tip for aspiring authors.
Write. It begins and ends with writing. Write because it feeds your soul.
20. Puppies or kittens?
About Devney Perry:
Devney Perry is a USA Today bestselling author who lives in Washington with her husband and two sons. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her family. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ever expected to do. But now that she’s discovered her true passion for writing romance, she has no plans to ever stop.
Want to learn more about your favorite authors? Check out our series 20 Questions with… to get to know other bestselling authors!