There are two sides to every story. This week bestselling author, Prescott Lane, released her latest heart-smashing romance Just Love and gave us an inside look at her own story in our latest round of 20 Questions!
Read on to find out about Prescott’s favorite books, inspirations, and more!
1.Your best virtue as an author.
Fearlessness. I follow my characters where they lead me, no matter how scary that may be.
2. Your most quirky author habit.
I’ve written some of my best stuff in carpool line.
3. Your favorite quality in a protagonist.
Flaws. I love the imperfections in characters. For me, that’s what brings them to life.
4. Your favorite quality in an antagonist.
The sliver of goodness. I’m someone who looks for the good in everyone, so I often find myself rooting for the bad guy no matter how sick and twisted they are!
5. If you could ask any other author, past or present, a question who would it be and what would you ask?
Any poet. I’d love to ask them how they can evoke so much emotion with just a few simple words.
6. When you aren’t writing, you are____
Being a mom and wife.
7. Your easiest book to write.
No such thing as an easy book to write 😉
8. Your hardest book to write.
My current book, Just Love, was the hardest book for me to write. It pushed me in ways no other book has.
9. Your ideal writing place.
My bed with my puppy curled up next to me.
10. Your favorite childhood book.
Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr. Seuss.
11. The book you’ve reread the most.
I have kids, and they were both obsessed with Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? I must’ve read that book to them multiple times a day for years.
12. Your favorite hero from literature.
Winnie the Pooh. Yes, he is a hero. No rock hard abs. Instead, a fluffy little tummy full of wisdom and unconditional love.
13. Your favorite villain from literature.
The White Witch from the Narnia series. The Turkish Delight trick was classic.
14. The name of your autobiography.
Welcome to Crazy Town.
15. Your favorite comfort food.
16. First thing you do when you finish writing a novel.
Call my husband and tell him!
17. A secret talent you have.
My kids say my secret talent is anticipating every possible bad thing that could happen to them! LOL!
18. Where have you always wanted to travel?
19. One tip for aspiring authors.
Just keep writing. No matter what. Write everyday. It doesn’t matter if it’s 5 words or 5000. It doesn’t matter if you ever publish it. Just write everyday.
20. Puppies or kittens?
Prescott Lane is the best-selling author of Stripped Raw. She’s got seven other books under her belt including: First Position, Perfectly Broken, Quiet Angel, Wrapped in Lace, Layers of Her, The Reason for Me, and The Sex Bucket List. She is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas, and holds a degree in sociology and a MSW from Tulane University. She married her college sweetheart, and they currently live in New Orleans with their two children and two crazy dogs. Prescott started writing at the age of five, and sold her first story about a talking turtle to her father for a quarter. She later turned to writing romance novels because there aren’t enough happily ever afters in real life.
Connect with Prescott:
And want to learn more about your favorite authors? Check out our series 20 Questions with… to get to know other bestselling authors!