#1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Helen Hardt is typically known for writing sultry, steamy, and sexy contemporary and historical romances. With her latest book, Blood Bond, Hardt keeps her signature sizzle, but this time leads her readers down into the dark, secretive vampire underworld.
To help celebrate the release of this new book, and new series, Helen Hardt answers our 20 questions and maybe reveals a few
dark secrets of her own!
1.Your best virtue as an author.
Probably my dedication to learning and craft. There’s always something new to learn in this business.
2. Your most quirky author habit.
Definitely the fact that I’m a pantser, a true pantser. I begin with a premise and then start writing. And I don’t even pretend to plot.
3. Your favorite quality in a protagonist.
4. Your favorite quality in an antagonist.
5. If you could ask any other author, past or present, a question who would it be and what would you ask?
It’s not a question, per se, but I’d love to sit down with George R. R. Martin (Game of Thrones) and just have a conversation to see how his brain works. He’s a master of characterization.
6. When you aren’t writing, you are____
Doing other writer business!
7. Your easiest book to write.
8. Your hardest book to write.
9. Your ideal writing place.
In my recliner!
10. Your favorite childhood book.
11. The book you’ve reread the most.
Definitely the Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
12. Your favorite hero from literature.
Jamie Fraser in Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
13. Your favorite villain from literature.
Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent from It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas.
14. The name of your autobiography.
15. Your favorite comfort food.
A Wendy’s single (everything but no cheese) and a frosty.
16. First thing you do when you finish writing a novel.
17. A secret talent you have.
I’m a killer karaoke singer!
18. Where have you always wanted to travel?
19. One tip for aspiring authors.
Never stop learning and improving.
20. Puppies or kittens?